- Boat/Watercraft Insurance
Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Alabama
If you own a boat in Foley, AL, you are not required to have boat insurance. However, you may be required to have boat insurance if you are financing your boat or using your boat at different marinas. You are still going to be held responsible for any damages that happen due to an accident, so it can be a good idea to get boat insurance to stay protected.
Different Boat Insurance Coverage Options in Alabama
When shopping for boat insurance, it’s important to get a policy that provides you with the coverage you need. An agent at Southern Risk Associates can help put together a comprehensive policy.
- Liability: LPersonal liability coverage covers you for an accident when you are at fault for damages and injuries that happen.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage pays for the cost of medical care needed due to a boating accident. This covers you, your passengers, and water skiers, regardless of who caused the accident.
- Physical Damage Coverage: This coverage pays for replacing or repairing your boat and motors if they are damaged or stolen.
- Uninsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Since boat insurance is not required, many people choose not to get it. If you are in an accident with an uninsured boater and injured, this coverage pays for lost wages, medical treatment, and other costs.
- Wreckage Removal and Liability for Fuel Spills: If your boat is damaged, then there is a chance it could leak fuel, and, as the owner, you are responsible for having this cleaned up. This can be a pricey and time-consuming process, and this coverage helps with some of the costs.
- Personal Effects: This coverage provides you insurance for personal effects, such as sporting and fishing equipment, clothing, and more.
- Unattached Equipment: This coverage pays for items not permanently attached to the boat but for use on the boat, such as lifejackets, oars, and anchors.
Contact Southern Risk Associates in Foley, AL to get a quote on boat insurance.